Date: Thursday, December 6, 2018
For Immediate Release
Aurora, Colo. — The Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition (CCIC) today announced the results of its Board of Directors Election for the term beginning January 1, 2019. The annual election included new and returning candidates for a total of seven Director positions.
CCIC member selected the following new candidates for three-year terms on the Board of Directors:
- Senator Irene Aguilar, MD, Colorado State Senator - District 32
- Natalie Price, CPA, Kundinger, Corder and Engle, P.C.
- Louisa Wren, RAE Health Neighborhood and Community Programs Manager, Government Programs, Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Additionally, members re-elected the following Directors:
- Amanda Dempsey, MD, MPH, Tenured Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver; Researcher, Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science;
Pediatrician, Children's Hospital Colorado
- Bill Jaeger, MA, Vice President of Early Childhood Initiatives, Colorado Children's Campaign
- Daniel Lyons, PhD, Equity Research Analyst, Janus Capital Group
- Jamie Reesman, President/CEO, Passport Health Colorado
“We are so pleased to welcome our new and returning Directors, all of whom bring a wonderful mix of skills, interests and talents to the CCIC Board of Directors. We are excited to have them join us in 2019 to fulfill CCIC’s mission and vision and to protect the health and wellbeing of children and families in Colorado,” said CCIC Executive Director Stephanie Wasserman.
The CCIC Board of Directors makes decisions related to organization-wide policies, oversees the organization’s operations, and authorizes rule making.CCIC Board Officers will be appointed at the Directors’ January meeting.
The full slate of 2019 CCIC Board of Directors is listed below.
Edwin Asturias, MD, President
Kraig Burleson, Treasurer
Martin Pirnat, MD, Secretary
Jamie Reesman, Vice President
Irene Aguilar, MD
Gladys Brown Jones Turnbough
Amanda Dempsey, MD, MPH
Bill Jaeger, MPH
Daniel Lyons, PhD
Natalie Price, CPA
About the Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition:
The Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition (CCIC) is a statewide, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Its mission is to strategically mobilize diverse partners and families to advance children’s health through immunizations. CCIC does not accept funding from vaccine manufacturers or distributors. To learn more, visit www.childrensimmunization.org and connect with CCIC on Facebook and Twitter.
Media Contact: Meredith Kersten, communications director
720.777.1798 | email@example.com